Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Billy and Billy






Billy reads the Gazette...mostly the funnies. Sometimes he reads the classifieds and tries to figure out the Puzzler's Wuzzles. Today he saw that Bill Clinton was going to be in Amana and he called me to see if I would take him to the event. He loves Bill Clinton...he is his hero....ever since that episode with Monica. We were all set to go when the regulator on the the lung blew a seal and it was just too risky to take him in view of the -8 degrees wind chill. Billy was heartbroken.

We went without him and somehow lucked out to get 3rd row seats. No metal detectors, no wanding...just walk right in with your bulky winter coat and get within 15 feet of the former President. I thought the security was way lax.

Mr. C arrived by driving his GMC SUV right into the building. A young lady came through the curtains first. She looked a lot like Chelsea and the guy sitting next to me asked if it was Chelsea...I told him it was Monica...in just a loud enough voice to raise a chuckle amongst the throngs of liberals that I was surrounded by. Notables in the crowd were BS, who was copiously taking mental notes about her new health insurance and wondering what that electronic health card would look like. Some Obama spies were spied as well. Absent was RC, who usually gets there early for a front row seat. Dixie, Billy's landlady, was no where to be seen, she probably was at home re-writing the von Crippe lease.

The secret service was focused on the crowd and had probably heard the story before anyway. I now know for sure how he got the name "Slick Willie".

I'm Mr. Bruce and I have approved this message.

No comments:

What's this all about......

This is my lame attempt at blogging and so far I have been able to add posts almost every day......will that continue?........time will tell.

If you scroll way to the bottom you will see "It's all about me" This blog is about me and my friends and my life. Most of it is true.

Some of it is tongue in cheek and some of it is outrageous.

Read the parts you like...if you find something offensive skip over it. If you have any comments, praises or criticisms, email or leave comments...I can take it.
Mr. B


Click on any photo in a post to supersize it.

My Family Friend, Billy

Who is the Mystery Lady?

Mystery Lady

Mystery Lady
Who is this woman behind the Foster Grants?