Saturday, October 20, 2007

If Amana Had a Mayor





Amana is a small unincorporated village in Eastern Iowa. The famous Amana Refrigerators and microwaves are built here. We are also famous for other things and you can get that information on the internet at amanacolonies.com.

Because we are unincorporated, we have no mayor. However, we have a citizen who would like that job. His name is Wally. Not the same Wally as Billy's landlord. Wally could be described as eccentric. He is a self titled philosopher...but maybe not a very good gardener.

Wally lives in a corner house he inherited from his mother and has probably not mowed the lawn or trimmed a tree branch since he moved in. To say that the lawn got away from him, might be an understatement.

Well , yesterday that all changed. At his request, many volunteers armed with chainsaws, wood chippers and the like went to the challenge. They cleared the place of vegetation and uprooted a motorhome in the back yard.

Wally has been asking $300,000 plus for his house...more if you want to buy the contents too and I see he has moved his for sale sign to the middle of the yard again. I'm not sure what he asking for the motorhome.

At least now you can see whats for sale. God Bless.

No comments:

What's this all about......

This is my lame attempt at blogging and so far I have been able to add posts almost every day......will that continue?........time will tell.

If you scroll way to the bottom you will see "It's all about me" This blog is about me and my friends and my life. Most of it is true.

Some of it is tongue in cheek and some of it is outrageous.

Read the parts you like...if you find something offensive skip over it. If you have any comments, praises or criticisms, email or leave comments...I can take it.
Mr. B


Click on any photo in a post to supersize it.

My Family Friend, Billy

Who is the Mystery Lady?

Mystery Lady

Mystery Lady
Who is this woman behind the Foster Grants?