Monday, October 15, 2007

JJ Letter

I recently received this letter which I will post in its entirety. I beleive it speaks for itself:

Dear mr. bruce-

A little known car fact is that the polio epidemic of the 1950’s brought about tons of high grade scrap iron from eventually unused iron lungs. Most of these iron lungs were then moved on to places like Katz’s Iron Salvage in Marion IA. Since they were used to stem the lives of many but they also fought a losing battle for many who were not so lucky.

To honor those young lives/deaths it was decided that the auto industry would use the scrapped metal from the lungs to create new rolling tributes for those thousands who lost their battles. They were melted and shaped into steal for the funeral hearse niche of the various luxury funeral providers. The enclosed snapshot shows one such vehicle. This vehicle is in Dyresville IA and is now unused. It was the emergency vehicle for the “If you build it they will come” baseball stadium (recently posting it’s final game) and could be purchased reasonably…an ideal Billymobile.

In friendship,

jj

ps – do I actually have this much free time in my life?

No comments:

What's this all about......

This is my lame attempt at blogging and so far I have been able to add posts almost every day......will that continue?........time will tell.

If you scroll way to the bottom you will see "It's all about me" This blog is about me and my friends and my life. Most of it is true.

Some of it is tongue in cheek and some of it is outrageous.

Read the parts you like...if you find something offensive skip over it. If you have any comments, praises or criticisms, email or leave comments...I can take it.
Mr. B


Click on any photo in a post to supersize it.

My Family Friend, Billy

Who is the Mystery Lady?

Mystery Lady

Mystery Lady
Who is this woman behind the Foster Grants?