Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wine tasting

Last night we took Billy to a wine tasting party. That was after I went to a self induced Vodka tasting and was brutally subjected to all the Sportstalk . The Vodka tasting was at the Dublin City Pub in Cedar Rapids. This eatery/drinkery (mostly drinkery) is noted for its reasonable priced measures of the poison and its cocktail servers/teasers. They are mostly" twinkies" but occasionally we are slipped a young male studly type to bring us our much needed fortification. [Hey, if we wanted a young man to serve us drinks, we'd go next door to the Dragon]

Now you have to understand I like Sportstalk and can do it with the best of them...but only as it relates to the Iowa Buckeyes, Billy's favorite team. When they start talking about the pro games its enough to make a goose puke. The Hopper was there and he was the moderator. He is the moderator because he talks the loudest. I wanted to leave several times, but he slyly kept refilling the glass that was in front of me.

Regina, is a regular hang out at the Dublin, but she always sits at the bar with her new beau. The years have not been kind to Regina and its just as well that she stays at the bar.

Off to Amana for the wine tasting. this wine tasting was on the second floor of an old Amana house with narrow staircase and no winch to help with Billy. I have been nursing a bad back due so self infliction which I can't talk about because my beloveds' mom also reads this blog, and I was thankful for the helping hands that pushed and pulled until Billy was parked square in the center of the tasting room as if we were at a funeral visitation. the hostess, A lady who calls herself a "wine Lizzard" or something like that told us all about the different varietals and graciously filled our glasses. Its sort of like a tupperware party without the tupperware...if you know what I mean. We thought we would have the wine glasses as a "parting gift" but the wine Lizzard picked them up and carfully inventoried them before packing up her bag.

The party progressed until we drank all her wine and then Alfred's Wine entered the room. Alfred is a rocket scientist and he makes rocket fuel in his basement. He drinks it and shares it with others and I'm sure NASA used it on one of their early missions.

There was a photographer there from the Gazette who arrived a little late because he came from an assignment with the expensive haircut candidate...his name escapes me....(initials J.E)

We are told that the article will appear in the Oct 28th issue of the Gazette, so look for our pics at that time.

Tonight its off to see Obama in the Festhalle in Amana
No fancy haircut...no US Flag pin.......

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Gary Black said...

Bruce, you might want to let the CIA know that the Muslim terrorist is going to be at the hall in Amana so you can collect the reward and get Billy that full body muscle transplant that he's always wanted so he can get rid of the iron lung.

What's this all about......

This is my lame attempt at blogging and so far I have been able to add posts almost every day......will that continue?........time will tell.

If you scroll way to the bottom you will see "It's all about me" This blog is about me and my friends and my life. Most of it is true.

Some of it is tongue in cheek and some of it is outrageous.

Read the parts you like...if you find something offensive skip over it. If you have any comments, praises or criticisms, email or leave comments...I can take it.
Mr. B


Click on any photo in a post to supersize it.

My Family Friend, Billy

Who is the Mystery Lady?

Mystery Lady

Mystery Lady
Who is this woman behind the Foster Grants?