Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Obama comes to Amana




Billy thinks he's a liberal. I thought his family brought him up better than that. Well it was Tuesday and Tuesday is my day to take care of Billy. My day in the barrel euphemistically speaking. Tuesday is also the day that the Ex Club meets and these schedule clashes sometimes makes for tough decisions. They are after all both my "stepchildren". Regina is free on Tuesdays because she is now retired from Adult Bookworld.
Any requests to switch days with me, however, falls on deaf ears. She says its always been on Tuesdays that I take care of Billy and thats the reason not to do it any differently.

Billy wanted to go see Obama ever since we schlepped him earlier this year to Green Square to hear Bill & Hillary. ( I think he likes Bill because they have the same name or maybe its all about his "conquests" if you know what I mean.) It was the 4th of July and a friend of mine got us mafia seating. Last night we were not so lucky. The place was crawling with secret service and I remember the time the Hopper tangled with secret service during days of the first Pres. Bush and therefore we kept our distance.

There was no mafia seating and the SS looked upon the lung like it was some sort of Trojan Horse.
At first not even wanting to allow entry and later giving us the nod, but only at the rear of the Festhalle with the press photographers and writers. Everyone had their laptop going and they were checking their emails or their favorite websites. I'm not sure, but I could have sworn one of them had logged onto Billy Blog site.

Audrey had just gotten home from work and had on some high heel boots with pointy toes ,that could would work well eradicating cockroaches from the kitchen corners, and her feet were hurting big time. Actually the whole outfit was a killer outfit and she looked very Republican and stuck out like a sore thumb. Anyway, the lack of seating , the constant scrutiny of our entourage and listening to the same thing us Iowans have now heard for several months guided us to the back door.


OMG, as I'm writing this with Fox and Friends, at my side I hear Steven Colbert just announced that he is a candidate for President of the United States.

I'm sure Billy will want to see him too....I just hope it isn't on a Tuesday.

No comments:

What's this all about......

This is my lame attempt at blogging and so far I have been able to add posts almost every day......will that continue?........time will tell.

If you scroll way to the bottom you will see "It's all about me" This blog is about me and my friends and my life. Most of it is true.

Some of it is tongue in cheek and some of it is outrageous.

Read the parts you like...if you find something offensive skip over it. If you have any comments, praises or criticisms, email or leave comments...I can take it.
Mr. B


Click on any photo in a post to supersize it.

My Family Friend, Billy

Who is the Mystery Lady?

Mystery Lady

Mystery Lady
Who is this woman behind the Foster Grants?